The quintessential book on the rapidly expanding field of male aesthetic surgery from renowned experts!
During the past decade, there has been an exponential increase in the number of men undergoing aesthetic surgery in the U.S., with an estimated 1.3 million procedures performed annually. Male Aesthetic Plastic Surgery by Douglas Steinbrech reflects expertise and insights from one of the most-sought-after pioneers in male surgery, along with a Who’s Who of contributing authors. While many texts have been written on female aesthetic surgery, this generously illustrated resource fills a void in the literature.
Divided into four sections and 45 chapters, the book reflects the background history and male-centric perspective that sets male aesthetic surgery apart from its female counterpart. Essential steps are detailed for each procedure including the physical exam, anatomical variations, patient selection, preoperative preparations, postoperative care, and invaluable pearls and pitfalls to maximize results and avoid complications. Of special interest, each chapter features bullet steps for quick and easy reference before entering the OR. From innovative, never-before published techniques, such as a sub-fascial abdominal silicone six-pack to the rapidly changing world of male body contouring, the textbook covers a broad range of cutting-edge and emerging techniques.
- High quality illustrations, bulleted text, and superb videos enhance the ability to understand and perform each procedure
- A full spectrum of facial approaches including male blepharoplasty, facelift in men, chin augmentation, facial fat grafting, cheek shaping, male rhinoplasty, and hair restoration
- State-of-the-art body techniques including diverse methods to correct gynecomastia, high abdominal definition, gluteal sculpting, abdominal contouring, chest sculpting, and muscular augmentation with implants
- The latest injectable, laser, and men’s skincare procedures, including the use of neurotoxins, Kybella, and energy-based techniques
- A comprehensive glossary of surgical terms provides a quick reference for daily practice
This is a must-have resource for all plastic surgeons, dermatologic surgeons, and aesthetic doctors who treat male patients.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.